For the cake (Makes 6):
- All purpose flour - 75g
- Granulated sugar - 105g
- Cocoa Powder - 25g
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 mug of prepared hot chocolate (I used Cadbury's stir in milk)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- Milk chocolate chips
For the topping:
- Squirty Cream
- Mini Marshmallows
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Mini Candy Canes
- Cupcake cases
- First preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius and line a cupcake tray with 6 paper cases.
- Next cream the butter and the sugar together until fluffly.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients thoroughly (flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, sugar).
- Now add the egg and vanilla essence to the butter and sugar combination and then slowly fold in the dry ingredients.
- Finally, add as many milk chocolate chips as you wish.
- Now evenly spread out the mixture into your 6 cupcake cakes and bake for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- One cooked allow them to cool completely.
- Once cooled simply use squirty cream for the topping and then sprinkle the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows on top.
- For a christmassy touch, use christmas paper cases and mini candy canes, which also give the appearance of an actual mug.
Take a look at my White hot chocolate cupcakes too!